Thursday, May 6, 2010

SOLD!




This makes me so happy! My friend Karen will now rule her world (maybe I should say "shepherd" her world) from Daddy's desk. First she is going to refinish it and master the secret drawer lock. The trunk went to Karen's house, too. She'll do something very cool with it and make me want it back.
Before the desk could go to Karen's house, it had to be cleaned out. I took a photo of some of the contents. Can you find the "round TUIT?" the picture of some unnamed babe?
How I wish I had asked Daddy about his fascination with coins encased in acrylic polymer - the penny cube is but one of a rather impressive collection of unspendable coinage. And of course - the starter revolver. I have one in my desk, don't you? This is the legacy of an unfailingly practical, ingenious and curious man.
New home-owner Elizabeth got the Whit-Ash (see how those words just stick on my tongue - aack) sofa. It is eventually going to her finished basement as the "extra" sofa. That is a fantastic use for it. For now it is keeping Elizabeth from sitting on the floor or from standing up all the time. Redemption for the Whit-Ash Sofa!
Bargain hunters, you'd be surprised to know the deep discounts these savvy shoppers received. "OBO" means "Or Best Offer" you know. The recliner and the antique Chippendale sofa are still on the market (although the Chippendale sofa is the only thing between my family and the floor at the moment.) The little handmade desk is still up for grabs, too.
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Really, Ann! I love it. Can't say we have such interesting items in the desks of our families. Well, I guess I can't say for sure, though, can I?

    ReplyDelete